ownership history of the Lazy A Ranch has not been completed, but the property was owned by Charles (Charlie) Kurt who lived here. There is a Gravesite at the ranch which includes these names: Ferdnand Fruelich (1836-1893), Martha Granau (1823-1889), wife of Henry, Otto Arriens (1850-1892), and Maria Arriens (1854-1889). This information is from notes of Ethel Carruth. The Lazy A was owned and developed by the Allen (Buddy) and Ethel Carruth family beginning in the 1950’s. A small herd of the original Santa Gertrudis cows remains, with the Lazy A brand.
The ranch was purchased in 2008 by Ferme, Ltd., which is owned by Margot and Bill Heard and their children and grandchildren. The name Ferme comes from Old French, 900-1400, meaning farm. Outdoor Education is the operating company.
The ranch is an active member of the British White Cattle Association of America, the American Wagyu Association, the Texas Wagyu Association, and the Texas and the Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association. The ranch is certified by the American Grassfed Association and the Animal Welfare Approved organization.
Address1059 Kurt Rd
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.