Following the American Revolution and independence from England, the first free election of a mayor, city council and the formation of a Savannah city government occurred in 1790. Savannah was a small village with a few hundred frame buildings, sandy streets, horses and wagons, and a simple, yet prosperous life. Celebrating that heritage, the 17hundred90 Restaurant and Inn is one of Savannah’s oldest restaurants and Inns offering fine dining and comfortable lodging.
The restaurant and Inn are housed in what were originally three separate residences. The western part of the building was built as a duplex between 1821 and 1823 by Steel White; the smaller eastern section was built by the Powers family in 1888. The ground level with its slate floor and soft brick walls are thought to date from a previous structure possibly destroyed in the great Savannah fire of 1820. Original wood shingles are visible in the attic and wooden pegs and wedges holding beams in place can be found throughout the building.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.